Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Complimentary Remarks

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
~Jim Rohn


Wow! In the past few days, I went from stressing about internships (which I still haven't heard back from, by the way), to realizing the accomplishments achieved by many sleepless nights this semester. I'm still having a hard time believing it!

Apprehension plagued my morning. I didn't accomplish much over spring break, leaving myself far behind on honors work, reading, and generic papers. I was a bit overwhelmed. Augmenting my apprehension was my nervousness about the paper I was about to receive back in my first class. I was up until 4:00am writing it and still had no idea what the reading was about when I handed it in (or so I thought).

My heart was palpitating as the professor handed back the assignment, especially when he placed mine face down on the table. Preparing for the worst, I turned the paper over to reveal a 98, with the words 'great essay' written amongst the comments within the text. I was astounded. When I reread it, it was better than I had remembered. Maybe I was being to hard on myself when I handed it in. Either way, I was extremely pleased.

Then to increase my happiness, another professor had some insightful (and very complimentary) insight on my senior thesis. I think I may have found a thesis adviser and the beginnings of a topic.

I'm so thrilled! Not to mention, my nerves were completely eased. I actually got 8 hours last night :)

Until next time, Sweet Dreams!

--The Sleep Deprived Student

0 comments: